Working EQ

Essential Question:What is the best way for a small business to tackle system-wide IT issues in order to run as efficiently as possible?

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Exit Interview

1. My Essential Question is: What is the best way for a small business to tackle system-wide IT issues in order to run as efficiently as possible?
Answer 1: Technicians should write a formal report to the CEO of the small business which will consist of collected and analyzed data that would then be used to create a solution to an issue.
Answer 2: Programmers should work alongside the CIO and people under them in order to find problems within a system and to create new ones.
Answer 3: The business should have a carefully set up SDLC, systems development life cycle, when creating of bringing in a new system, in order to ensure that it meets standards such as feasibility, requirements, and if the business is able to or needs to take on the project in the first place.
Best Answer: Answer 2

2. I arrived at this answer in early January just after the 2nd presentations. I had only one answer while presenting, but I apparently spoke about much more than one answer could have fulfilled, and my answer was then split up into my first and second. After seeing it, though, I knew I already had quite a bit of research on it without even realizing it. Also, since it focused  on project management, and also integration of a business with it's respective parts, I knew it would most likely end up as my best answer later on, which it did.

3. The problems I have faced in senior project have been not having a mentor nearly all of the first semester. I resolved that by finally finding Dr. Carlton, a professor at CalPoly, who allowed me to meet with him and mentor me. Another problem would be that I did not have enough mentorship hours nearing the deadline, which I have resolved by asking Marco Gonzalez if I could go to his mentorship with him since his mentor owns a small business, fitting into my project perfectly. Overall, there have been quite a few challenges I have overcome in this project.

4. My first most significant source of information is my mentor, Dr. Carlton, a professor at CalPoly, with experience in business for more than 20 years. He has helped me in many ways, and basically directed my project and what I was going to do with it. He also gave me my other most significant source, "Managing Information Systems" by Baltzan Paige. It is a college level textbook which I used in my Independent component 2 when sitting in on a class my mentor allowed me in. It is very detailed with all the different things needed to know when dealing with business information systems. One of the best sources of information I have had over the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment